Agritur Dalaip dei Pape
Learn how to make dry vegetable stock from scratch
Loc. Dalaibi - Primiero
26th - 27th September
At the foot of the Pale di San Martino, not far from the famous Val Canali and the Paneveggio Natural Park with its splendid Villa Welpserg - our agriturismo is the ideal place to switch off and immerse yourself in the September nature with clear sky, fresh mountain air and beautiful landscapes. Our motto: “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn” will be the theme of the weekend.
You will be welcomed with a smile in our mountain home, a renovated old farm with four comfortable rooms all affording splendid views of the Dolomites. Our aim is to offer you an authentic experience of traditional rural life typical of our mountain region.
You will spend a few days with us to discover our farm and our products: small fruits, cereals such as wheat, corn, buckwheat, as well as cured meats and vegetables. With the vegetables, fresh from our garden, we will show you how to make a healthy vegetable stock, sharing our tips on how to best use it in the kitchen. For example, to make a delicious broth for the local bread dumplings, Canederli. A recipe that simply can’t be missed!
Saturday 26th September
- Welcome to our agritur: the Scalet family and their friendly farm animals we will be waiting for you. Rooms will be ready from 14:00, however for those who wish to arrive earlier, we can organise a late morning check-in and lunch. There's the option of a two-night break arriving Friday night with optional activities on Saturday.
- 16.00: join Massimo on a tour of the vegetable garden to pick the fresh ingredients you will need to make the vegetable stock. Later, in the company of mother Luciana you will learn how to use the stock to prepare some flavourful dishes, like a soul-warming broth, perfect as a base for risottos or the local bread dumplings known as “canederli”, without which any trip to Trentino would not be complete.
- Dinner at the agritur: mother Luciana and father Giampietro are ready to delight your palate with some traditional dishes with a local twist.
Sunday 27th September
- Wake up to fresh mountain air and the beauty of the Pale di San Martino. There’s nothing better than starting the day with a wholesome breakfast: jams, fresh farm milk and eggs, homemade biscuits and corn cakes.
- The day continues surrounded by nature. From our farmhouse, you can reach the Val Canali with a short walk and visit Welsperg Villa and then follow the trail named “Muse Fadaie” which leads into the heart of the Paneveggio-Pale di San Martino Natrual Park. An alternative route takes you to Cereda Pass where you can stop for a bite to eat with our friends at the Agritur Broch farmhouse.
- Alternatively, you can choose to stay at the farmhouse and lend a hand with some of the farm activities organised. See below for more details.
- Guided walks in the company of the farm’s donkeys and tasting the farm’s products;
- Guided tour of the small fruits and berry cultivations and the farm animals
The cost of the activities is € 6 pp, including children. They may take place on Saturday or Sunday. To best prepare for these activities, if you wish to participate, please select your activity at the time of booking by contacting us directly.
Local activities and experiences
To make the most of your weekend, we recommend a few local activities and places to visit:
- Paragliding: if you like to admire the panorama from a bird's eye view, we recommend this adrenaline-fuelled activity. For information and bookings GoOutdoor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canyoning in Val Noana with the local mountain guides: an experience for everyone. For information and bookings 0439.768795 - Mobile 342 9813212 - email@example.com
- Walk to Malga Fossetta and lunch. Easy 4-hour excursion, for more detail ask at the agritur
- Entrance to the Paneveggio-Pale di San Martino Natrual Park and Visitor’s Centre at Welsperg Villa (adults €3.00, children 8-14 €1, free up to 7 years of age) and the Muse Fedaie trail.
- A pleasant 2-hour walk as far as the Agritur Broch Farmhouse where you can stop for lunch.
1-night B&B package, € 60 pp workshop and recipe kit included
1-night half board package, € 75 pp workshop and recipe kit included
2-night B&B package, € 90 pp workshop and recipe kit included
2-night half board package, € 120 pp workshop and recipe kit included
Children: up to 2 year-old € 15 per night, 3 to 5 year-old 50% discount, 6 to 11 year-old 30% discount
With advance booking, it is possible to take part in the workshop only at the cost of €20 pp