Agritur Dalaip dei Pape
Learn how to make dry vegetable stock from scratch
Loc. Dalaibi - Primiero
5 - 6 September
At the foot of the Pale di San Martino, not far from the famous Val Canali and the Paneveggio Natural Park with its splendid Villa Welpserg - our agriturismo is the ideal place to switch off and immerse yourself in the spring nature blossoming with mountain flowers and herbs, colours and beautiful landscapes. Our motto: “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn” will be the theme of the weekend.
You will be welcomed with a smile in our mountain home, a renovated old farm with four comfortable rooms all affording splendid views of the Dolomites. Our aim is to offer you an authentic experience of traditional rural life typical of our mountain region.
You will spend a few days with us to discover our farm and our products: small fruits, cereals such as wheat, corn, buckwheat, as well as cured meats and vegetables. With the vegetables, fresh from our garden, we will show you how to make a healthy vegetable stock, sharing our tips on how to best use it in the kitchen. For example, to make a delicious broth just in time for the local Canederli Festival, held in Imèr on the same weekend.
Saturday 5 September
- Welcome to our agritur: the Scalet family and their friendly farm animals we will be waiting for you. Rooms will be ready from 14:00, however for those who wish to arrive earlier, we can organise a late morning check-in and lunch.
There's the option of a two-night break arriving Friday night with optional activities on Saturday
- 16.00: join Massimo on a tour of the vegetable garden to pick the fresh ingredients you will need to make the vegetable stock. Later, Daniele and Luciana will show how to use the stock to prepare some flavourful dishes, like a soul-warming broth, perfect as a base for dumpling soup or risotto.
- Dinner at the agritur: Luciana and Daniele will treat your palate to some traditional dishes with an original twist
Sunday 6 September
- Wake up to fresh mountain air and the beauty of the Pale di San Martino. There’s nothing better than starting the day with a wholesome breakfast: jams, fresh farm milk and eggs, homemade biscuits and corn cakes.
- The day continues in Imèr with the Canederli Festival to celebrate the great variety of local dumplings, canederli, and folk traditions.
Alternatively, you can join in other farm activities organised at the agritur. See below for some details.
- Guided walk with the farm donkeys and farm product tasting
- Guided visit to the berry cultivations and the farm animals
The cost of the activities is € 6 pp, including children. They may take place on Saturday or Sunday. To best prepare for these activities, if you wish to participate, please select your choice at the time of booking by contacting us directly.
Local activities and experiences
To make the most of your weekend, we recommend a few local activities and places to visit:
- Festa del Canederlo Imèr, 5-6 September: for programme and more details www.festadelcanederlo.it
- Paragliding: if you like to admire the panorama from a bird's eye view, we recommend this adrenaline-fuelled activity. For information and bookings GoOutdoor, email@example.com
- Canyoning in Val Noana with the local mountain guides: an experience for everyone. For information and bookings 0439.768795 - Mobile 342 9813212 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walk to Malga Fossetta and lunch. Easy 4-hour excursion, for more detail ask at the agritur
1-night B&B package, € 60 pp workshop and recipe kit included
1- night half board package, € 75 pp workshop and recipe kit included
2-night B&B package, € 90 pp workshop and recipe kit included
2- night half board package, € 120 pp workshop and recipe kit included
Children: up to 2 year-old € 15 per night, 3 to 5 year-old 50% discount, 6 to 11 year-old 30% discount
With advance booking, it is possible to take part in the workshop only at the cost of €20 pp