Agritur Ciasa Dò Parè
Onion and apple sauce, the perfect side to your cheese
Soraga, Val di Fassa
18 - 20 September
The heart of the Fassa Dolomites is home to an authentic Ladin town, and here you will find our farmhouse immersed in a picturesque valley. The property includes a stable, bee hives, a seasoning room, a genuine and sustainable cuisine and a few characteristic wood-cladded apartments. The soul of this mountain farm is the Brunel family who will make you feel right at home and introduce you to their delicious homemade cheese and tasty chutneys made only with locally grown vegetables. Farm food and unique flavour combinations are the themes of this experiential weekend, with the traditional return of livestock from the mountain pastures and the Puzzone di Moena DOP cheese festival, three days of tasty fun at the feet of the Dolomites of the Val di Fassa.
You will spend a few days at our farm to farewell the summer and welcome autumn, one of the most beautiful seasons to explore the mountains and enjoy the riot of colours and flavours.
With the onions from our garden and our famous Trentino’s apples, we will learn how to make a unique relish to enhance the taste of different types of cheese such as the Puzzone di Moena DOP which lends its name to a three-day festival and unmissable food experience and celebrates the end of the mountain pastures.
Friday 18th September
- Welcome to the agritur, the whole Brunel family will be there to greet you: the grandparents Luigi e Flavia, their daughter Aurora and her husband Alessandro with their two lovely children, plus many farm animals. Your apartment will be ready for you to relax before the start of this festive weekend. There’s the option of 1-night stay for those who prefer a shorter break with arrival on Saturday
- Option of dinner in agritur: you are welcome to try the genuine flavours of our traditional farm cuisine, while enjoying some friendly conversations. Alternatively, you can dine in the comfort of your apartment
Saturday 19th September
- The day starts with a nourishing breakfast with our farm products: milk, yogurt, eggs, freshly baked bread and homemade jams
- From 11.00 onwards: the town comes together to celebrate the return of the cows from the rich pastures at San Pellegrino Pass where they spent the summer. You will watch them as they descend from the mountains and towards their sheds where they’ll spend the winter, feeding on tasty hay cut locally during the summer months.
- 16:00: start of the workshop. With Alessandro and grandma Flavia you will visit the vegetable garden and pick the onions. Back in the kitchen with Aurora, you will discover the other ingredient for this special sauce: Trentino’s high-quality apples. The second part of the workshop will include a mouth-watering tasting of local cheese made with organic raw milk, carefully produced following traditional methods. Discover which cheese is best paired with our apple & onion source!
- Option of dinner in agritur: you are welcome to try the genuine flavours of our traditional farm cuisine, while enjoying some friendly conversations. Alternatively, if you prefer, you can dine in the comfort of your apartment
Sunday 20th September
- After a nourishing breakfast, we will get ready for another day dedicated to the Ladin traditions
- From 10.00 to 16.00: Moena will host the traditional Festival del Puzzone di Moena DOP, the king of Trentino cheese, a gourmet trekking experience, with cheese-makers and starred chefs, that will take you in and around the town of Moena for a day in the open intermingled with tasty dishes.
Local activities and experiences
Here, we share some suggestions to make the most of your weekend and discover the area through some unique experiences:
- Take a walk to Moena and enjoy the activities organised for the Festival del Puzzone: starting from the agritur, a scenic circular walk towards the town of Moena, passing through the quaint little village of Someda. On your way back stop at Agritur ElMas, one of the five certified producers of the famous local cheese Puzzone di Moena DOP.
- Nature sensory path: in short distance from the agritur, a barefoot trail through streams, footbridges, nature sounds and features (1-hour long walk)
1-night B&B package, € 60 pp workshop and recipe kit included
1- night half-board package, € 75 pp workshop and recipe kit included
2-night B&B package, € 90 pp workshop and recipe kit included
2- night half-board package, € 120 pp workshop and recipe kit included
Children: up to 8 year-old 50% discount
Subject to availability, it is possible to participate in the workshop only at a cost of € 20 pp (farm visit, workshop, cheese tasting and complementary kit)